Original blog post: https://spatulagoddess.com/2016/03/10/vegan-banana-muffins-experiment-2/
Time required: 30 min
- 4 large bananas
- 188 grams organic sprouted spelt flour
- 25 grams granulated Splenda
- 60 grams red palm oil + 4 oz water
- 5 grams baking powder
- 4 grams pure vanilla extract
- 10 g ground flax seed + 1.5 oz warm water
- Pre-heat oven to 176°c or 350°f. Generously grease the muffin tin.
- Whisk warm water into the flaxseed and let stand 10 min.
- In the mixing bowl, mash the bananas, then beat in the Splenda, red palm oil, water, and vanilla.
- Add flax seed sludge to the wet mixture and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir the baking powder into the spelt flour, then add gradually to wet mixture.
- Bake 24-26 minutes.