Original blog post: https://spatulagoddess.com/2011/05/04/belgian-chocolate-peanut-butter-cups/
Recipe souce: Good Housekeeping
Time required: 2 days (1.5 hrs + overnight chilling)
Yields: at least 30 portions
- kitchen scale
- mini baking cups
- 9 oz white chocolate
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1½ C creamy peanut butter (divided into two ¾C portions)
- 1⅓ C salted peanuts, crushed
- Use a serrated blade to chop the chocolates, setting each into a separate container.
- Place the mini baking cups in a large container.
- In a sauce pan on Low, melt the white chocolate and half of the peanut butter, stirring until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into baking cups, filling about halfway. Shake each cup so the chocolate settles, and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- In a fresh sauce pan, on Low, melt semi-sweet chocolate and half of the peanut butter, again stirring until smooth.
- Pour the semi-sweet chocolate onto the chilled cups, again shaking them to settle.
- If desired, sprinkle crushed nuts on the top.
- Chill overnight and enjoy.