Original blog post: https://spatulagoddess.com/2011/06/25/chocolate-caramel-cookie-surprise/
Time required: around 1 hr
Yields: around 36 cookies
- large baking pan
- parchment paper
- 1 C unsalted butter, softened
- 1 C brown sugar, packed
- ½ C granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 3 C flour
- ½ TSP baking powder
- ½ TSP baking soda
- ¼ TSP salt
- 1 C milk chocolate chips
- 4 Caramilk bars
- Pre-heat oven to 177°C / 350°F, centre rack.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixer, beat butter until fluffy.
- Add both sugars, beat until blended.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla. Set mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together: flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir dry mixture into butter mixture, adding half at a time.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place mixture in the fridge for at least 10 min.
- Use knife to cut the Caramilk bars apart.
- Use spoon to scoop out dough, roll into ball. Press fingers into dough to make indent, place Caramilk piece inside. Pinch dough up around Caramilk, and roll it smooth.
- Bake 15 min.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack.
- Cool on rack at least 2 min before eating.