Original blog post: https://spatulagoddess.com/2014/02/10/great-aunt-lucys-tea-biscuits/
Time required: 1 hour
- Nemo the KitchenAid
- baking trays lined with parchment paper
- 2 C flour
- 1 TBSP white sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ C white shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 C milk
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F / 204°C and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine dry stuff ingredients by HAND. Do not run mixer.
- Beat in the shortening until coarse crumbs form.
- Add beaten egg and milk, stir in with a fork.
- Turn batter onto floured surface.
- Knead 20 times.
- Cut out biscuits shapes (or tear off by batter hand)
- Bake 10-14 minutes.
- Remove from tray and transfer to cooling rack immediately.
- Cool 5 min before eating.