Original blog post: https://spatulagoddess.com/2011/08/22/milk-chocolate-florentine-cookies/
Recipe source: Nestlé
Time required: 1 hr
Yields: supposedly 42 cookies
- large cookie tray
- ⅔ C butter, melted (10.6 TBSP)
- 2 C quick oats
- 1 C granulated white sugar
- ⅔ C flour
- ¼ C corn syrup, light or dark is fine
- ½ C milk
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- ¼ TSP salt
- 1¾ C milk chocolate chips, melted
1. Pre-heat oven to 190.5°C / 375°F. Line baking tray with tin foil.
2. Measure out and set aside:
- wet mixture: milk, corn syrup, vanilla
- dry mixture: combine in a medium bowl: oats, flour, sugar, and salt
- chocolate chips (in a small microwave-safe bowl)
3. Melt butter in large pan and remove from heat.
4. Stir wet mixture and dry mixture into the butter.
5. Drop cookies by using a level teaspoon onto foil, about 3 inches apart, and spread flat with a spatula.
6. Bake 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Cool cookies completely in pan on wire rack.
8. Once cooled, remove from foil and flip upside down.
9. Melt chocolate chips by microwaving on High for 1 min or so, stirring until smooth.
10. Spread melted chocolate over half of the cookies (on the flat sides), then top with the remaining half of the cookies.