Original blog post: https://spatulagoddess.com/2012/12/27/ninjabread-men/
Recipe source: back of Fred & Friends box
Time required: 2 hr
- stand mixer
- large baking sheet
- parchment paper
- ninja cookie cutters
- ⅔ C shortening
- ½ C brown sugar, packed
- 2 TSP ginger, ground
- 1 TSP cinnamon
- ¼ TSP cloves, ground
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- ¾ C molasses
- 3 C flour
- 1 TSP baking soda
- ½ TSP baking powder
1. Moving like the wind, pre-heat your oven to 190°C / 375°F.
2. Quietly cream together the shortening, sugar, spices, and salt.
3. Beat in egg, to death. Add molasses and blend into the night.
4. Sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Add dry mixture to the wet with deadly accuracy. Cream together as if your life depends on it.
5. Roll the dough to ⅛” thickness, as even and smooth as the deadliest katana. Your hands move like a whisper, cutting the dark shapes into the dough.
6. Release the ninjas. Transfer them to a baking sheet that has been greased with lightning, or lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake 6-7 min. Cool on rack.
8. Frost with traditional ninja accessories.