Original blog post: https://spatulagoddess.com/2011/02/10/pattys-belgian-chocolate-irish-cream-cheesecake/
- beaters or mixer
- 7″ springform pan nestled inside 9″ x 13″ baking pan
- parchment paper, plastic wrap, & heavy tinfoil
- frosting knife or thin blade
- 1¼ C chocolate cookie crumbs
- 5 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
- 2 blocks of cream cheese, softened
- ½ C granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1 TSP vanilla bean paste
- 4 oz of Callebaut semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- ¼ C Baileys Irish cream
- Pre-heat oven to 175°C / 350°F, use centre rack. Fill kettle and turn on low now.
- Grease springform pan and line bottom with parchment paper. Line outside of pan with heavy tinfoil (required for bain marie).
- Mix the cookie crumbs with melted butter.
- Press crumbs firmly into bottom of pan to form crust, bake in oven for 10 minutes and remove from now. LOWER OVEN TO 150°C / 300°F.
- Gently beat cream cheese for 2-3 Min on Low.
- Beat in sugar until combined.
- Beat in the eggs (one at time) until combined.
- Beat in the vanilla, now set aside.
- Chop chocolate with a serrated blade.
- Melt chocolate, then stir in Baileys.
- Stir chocolate into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour mixture onto crust.
- Place spring-form pan into bain marie. Bake 50-60 minutes at 150°C / 300°F.
- When cake is done, edges are set but centre will jiggle.
- Remove from oven but do not open spring-form pan.
- Use frosting spatula to loosen the pan away from the cake.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, or at least for 8 hours.
- Remove tinfoil, carefully open the latch on the pan, lift it away from the cake.
- Cut cake using hot knife method. Let pieces stand 20 min before serving.