Original blog post: https://spatulagoddess.com/2011/05/12/pattys-apple-caramel-honey-cheesecake/
Time required: 2 days (4 hrs + overnight chilling)
Yields: 40 pieces
- baking pans: 9″ x 13″ nestled inside a 14.5″ x 10.5″
- electric mixer
- tinfoil & plastic wrap
- 6 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1¾ C honey graham cracker crumbs
- ⅛ TSP ground nutmeg
- smidgen of ground cloves
- 2 tart apples, (peeled, cored, minced) ADD AFTER CRUST IS BAKED
- ¾ C dark brown sugar
- 5 TBSP unsalted butter
- ½ TSP ground cinnamon
- ½ C heavy cream
- 4 blocks of cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ C granulated white sugar
- 2 TBSP powdered corn starch
- ¼ C unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 TBSP Billy Bee honey
- ¼ C heavy cream
- 5 eggs, room temp
- Use centre rack. Pre-heat oven to 175°C / 350°F.
- Line a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with tinfoil, and grease it.
- In sauce pan on Low, melt butter.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with nutmeg and cloves, and stir into butter.
- Remove from heat and press into prepared pan.
- Bake 10 min AND TURN OFF THE OVEN.
- While crust is cooling, mince 2 apples, and spread this directly over the hot crust.
- Leave on cooling rack.
- In a sauce pan on Medium, melt sugar and butter, whisking often.
- When it starts to boil, stir in the cinnamon and remove from heat.
- Stir in cream, return to heat until bubbly.
- Carefully pour this onto crust, use spoon to spread it to the edges.
- Refrigerate at least one hour. (Before this can go in the oven later with the filling, this pan needs to be room temperature so you’ll need to let it sit or transfer to a new pan.)
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C / 300°F. Fill kettle and turn on Low, now.
- Beat cream cheese on Medium until smooth.
- One by one, beat in (and ensure each ingredient is thoroughly blended before adding the next) add: sugar, corn starch, apple sauce honey, and heavy cream.
- On Low speed, beat in eggs, one at time, until just blended.
- Pour filling onto crust.
- Place the pan containing your cake into a larger pan, and fill the large pan with boiling water to form bain marie.
- Bake 65 minutes, it is done when edges are set but centre jiggles.
- Cool on rack at least one hour, cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Before slicing, blot surface with paper towel to remove condensation.
- Slice with hot knife, allow pieces to set 20 min before serving.