Original blog post: https://spatulagoddess.com/2011/04/14/pattys-blackberry-crostata-that-wasnt/
Use your google-fu to see what a crostata pastry is supposed to look like before you get started, folding it into pretty edges is harder than it looks.
- 3 C fruit, I used blackberries
- ¼ C granulated white sugar
- 2 TBSP flour
- Pre-heat oven to 218°C / 425°F. Use centre rack.
- Use your favourite pie crust recipe; roll it flat, place on cookie sheet.
- Mix the filling ingredients in a bowl.
- Place filling on crust, stopping about 2-3″ from the edge.
- Fold the crust up and over the edge of the fruit pile.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Cool at least 20 min before consuming.