Original blog post: https://spatulagoddess.com/2011/04/04/pattys-blackberry-lemon-loaf/
Time required: 3 hours (40 min prep, 1 hr baking, 1 hr cooling)
Yields: one loaf
- loaf pan 8″ x 4″
- 2 C flour
- 1 TSP baking powder
- ½ TSP baking soda
- ½ TSP salt
- ½ C to ¾ C sugar (less for sweet berries, more for tart)
- 1 large egg
- 1 TSP vanilla
- 3 TBSP vegetable oil
- ½ C milk
- 2 lemons (squeeze ¼ C lemon juice)
- 1½ C blackberries, washed and drained
- Pre-heat oven to 177°C / 350°F.
- Grease and flour loaf pan.
- Using large bowl, whisk together: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Divide this in half.
- Using medium bowl, whisk together: sugar, egg, vanilla, and vegetable oil.
- Stir half of the dry mix into the wet.
- Stir in milk and lemon juice.
- Add forgotten vegetable oil.
- Stir remaining dry mix into wet.
- Fold in berries. Don’t over stir the batter now or the berries will bleed.
- Spoon batter into pan. Left batter sit 20 min to settle.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, when loaf is done toothpick comes out clean.
- Run a knife along the edges of the loaf to loosen from the pan.
- Let loaf sit in pan for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool one hour on wire rack before slicing.