Original blog post: https://spatulagoddess.com/2011/10/02/pattys-chocolates-round-1-peppermint/
Time required: 3.5 hr (30 min prep plus chilling)
Yields: 15 pieces
- fine sieve
- Fat Daddio’s silicone chocolate mould, sloped cylinder shape
- Wilton silicone spatula, with flat end
- 4 oz semi-sweet Belgian chocolate
- 1 oz semi-sweet mint chocolate Chipits
- ⅛ C heavy cream
- 3-4 drops peppermint oil
- Chop chocolate and place in microwave safe bowl, reserve one third. Microwave on High for 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Add reserved chocolate to melted chocolate, and stir in 1 drop peppermint oil. Stir until smooth.
- Scald cream in a heavy-bottom sauce pan, add 2 drops of peppermint oil.
- Strain cream through sieve, pour into chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Spoon chocolate into mould.
- Run flat-end silicone scraper or spatula over the top of the mould to remove excess chocolate.
- Place mould into covered container, and chill at least 3 hours.
- To remove from mould, cover your hand with a plastic baggy and use thumb to pop out the chocolates. The plastic prevents the oils in your skin from blemishing the chocolate. Work quickly and touch the pieces as little as possible to avoid melting and smudges.