Original blog post: https://spatulagoddess.com/2011/06/30/pattys-maple-bacon-brownies/
Time required: 2 hours
- baking pan 8″ x 8″
- 2 cookie trays
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 TBSP real maple syrup
- 1¼ C butter, room temp
- 1¼ C sugar
- 1 C cocoa powder
- ¼ TSP salt
- 2 TSP vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temp
- ½ C flour
- Pre-heat oven to 177°C / 350°F.
- Line cookie tray with tinfoil. Line baking 8″ x 8″ pan with tinfoil, do not grease.
- Place bacon on prepared cookie trays and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Cook bacon to desired crispness (I did 20 min).
- Remove bacon from oven, cool on a plate lined with paper towels in order to drain off any excess grease. Blot both sides dry.
- In the microwave, melt butter.
- Mix sugar, cocoa and salt into melted butter; then microwave for 30 seconds and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Let the mixture cool 5 min.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- When everything is combined add flour.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan.
- Layer in the bacon strips.
- Pour remaining batter on top.
- Bake 20 min.
- Cool brownies completely in pan before slicing.
Your brownies seem inrtteseing.. .Bacon Brownies??? What a cool idea for brownies I am a member of a social networks site recipebuddys.com and we recieved a post on Brownies and wanted to hear you opinions of it …I stumpled upon your post…and thought you would be a good sounding board.. we have a bake sale coming up…and want it to turn out good for our daughter… please advise…thanks