Original blog post: https://spatulagoddess.com/2011/06/10/pattys-peach-apple-crisp/
Time required: 2 hours
Yields: 12 portions
- glass baking dish, 8″ x 11.5″
- cookie tray (to catch the overflow)
- apple peeler & apple corer
- pastry blender
- 8 apples
- 4 peaches
- 1/2 C granulated white sugar
- 1 TBSP flour
- 1 TSP ground cinnamon
- 1 C quick rolled oats
- 1 C flour
- 1 C dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 TSP: ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves
- 8 TBSP butter (one stick)
- Pre-heat oven to 191°C / 375°F.
- Peel and core fruit. Cut each apple slice in half, cut peaches to similar size.
- Place in baking dish for now.
- In a large bowl combine: white sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Add fruit to bowl, and toss until thoroughly coated, then transfer back to baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine: oats, flour, dark brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Cut in butter until coarse crumbs form.
- Place baking dish onto cookie tray, and sprinkle crumbly mixture over fruit.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Cool 1 hour and serve.