Original blog post: https://spatulagoddess.com/2011/04/16/pattys-pumpkin-cheesecake-bites/
Time required: 2 days (overnight chilling)
Yields: between 40-64 pieces
- baking pans: 9″ x 13″ nestled inside a 14.5″ x 10.5″ pan
- electric beaters
- tinfoil & plastic wrap
- flour sifter
- 5 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
- 1¾ C graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 TSP ginger
- 4 blocks of cream cheese, softened (32 oz or 1,000 g)
- 1¼ C dark brown sugar
- ½ TSP cinnamon
- ⅛ TSP cloves
- ⅛ TSP pumpkin spice
- ⅛ TSP allspice
- ⅛ TSP nutmeg
- pinch of ginger
- 2 TBSP powdered cornstarch
- ½ C heavy cream
- ½ TSP vanilla bean paste
- 5 large eggs, room temp
- 1 C pumpkin filling
- 1½ C sour cream
- 3 TBSP granulated white sugar
- 1 TSP vanilla bean paste
- Using centre rack, preheat oven to 176°C / 350°F.
- Fill kettle and boil. After water boils, leave on Low for use later.
- Line 9″ x 13″ baking pan with foil, and grease the foil.
- Melt butter in sauce pan on Low.
- Measure out the graham cracker crumbs and mix in the ginger.
- Stir graham crumbs into butter and remove from heat.
- Press crumbs into the prepared pan by hand and bake 10 min, then cool on rack.
- In a medium bowl, combine: brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, pumpkin spice, allspice, nutmeg, ginger, and cornstarch.
- Stir them together and run through flour sifter (brown sugar clumps).
- In mix master on Medium speed, beat cream cheese for 5 minutes.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl constantly.
- Once the cream cheese is beaten up, stir in the sugar mixture, one third at a time.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, don’t over beat.
- Beat in pumpkin filling.
- Stir vanilla bean paste into heavy cream, the add to cream cheese.
- Pour into prepared pan, and set in bain marie.
- Bake in oven 50 minutes.
- When you remove cake from oven, turn oven off.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together sour cream, sugar, and vanilla bean paste to create topping.
- Pour this onto the cheesecake and carefully spread it with a soft spatula.
- Place pan back into the oven for 5 minutes (oven is off).
- Cool on rack for 2 hours.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Slice using hot knife method, and let pieces stand 20 min before serving.