Original blog post: https://spatulagoddess.com/2012/03/08/pattys-raspberry-cheesecake-bites/
Time required: 2 days (overnight chilling)
Yields: 64 pieces
- electric mixer
- baking pans: 9″ x 13″ nestled inside 14.5″ by 10.5″
- heavy tin foil & plastic wrap
- 5 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
- 1¾ C honey graham cracker crumbs
- 1¼ C granulated white sugar
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 4 blocks of cream cheese, softened (32 oz or 1,000 g)
- 5 large eggs, room temp
- 3 containers of raspberries
- 1½ C sour cream
- 3 TBSP granulated white sugar
- Using centre rack, preheat oven to 176°C / 350°F.
- Fill kettle and boil. After water boils, leave on Low for use later.
- Line 9″ x 13″ baking pan with foil, and grease the foil.
- Melt butter in sauce pan on Low.
- Stir graham crumbs into butter and remove from heat.
- Pat crumbs into the prepared pan by hand and bake 10 min, cool on rack.
- Wash and drain berries, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine white sugar and cornstarch, set aside.
- In mixer on Medium speed, beat cream cheese for 5 minutes, scrape down sides every 60 seconds.
- Once the cream cheese is beaten, stir in sugar mixture, followed by the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in half of the berries until you see red streaks in the filling.
- Pour half of filling onto crust, top with remaining berries, then top with remaining filling.
- Set cake into bain marie and bake 50 minutes.
- When you remove cake from oven, turn oven off.
- Make topping: in small bowl mix together sour cream and sugar. Spoon onto hot cake and spread with a soft spatula.
- Return cake to oven for 5 minutes (oven is off).
- Cool on rack for 2 hours.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Slice using hot knife method, and let pieces stand 5-10 min before serving.