Original blog post: https://spatulagoddessdotcom.wordpress.com/2012/01/18/pumpkin-roll/
Recipe source: Nestlé’s Chocolate 3 Books In 1
Time required: 2.5 hours
Yields: 10 slices
- baking pan: 15″ x 10″
- wax paper and plastic wrap
- ¾ C flour
- ½ TSP baking powder
- ½ TSP baking soda
- ½ TSP ground cinnamon
- ½ TSP ground cloves
- ¼ TSP salt
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 1 C white sugar
- ⅔ C pure pumpkin
- 8 oz block of cream cheese, room temp
- 1 C icing sugar, sifted
- 6 TBSP butter, room temp
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 190.5°C / 375°F. Prepare baking pan by greasing it, then line with wax paper, then grease and flour the paper. Then place a large piece of wax paper down on a flat surface and dust it with icing sugar for later.
- Combine: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- In a mixer, beat eggs and sugar until it thickens. Add pumpkin.
- Stir flour mixture into wet, adding about one third at a time.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake 13 min.
- Invert pan onto flat piece of wax paper. Carefully peel the paper off the back of the cake.
- Start at the end closest to you, and using the piece of wax paper on the bottom, gently roll the cake up onto itself, and place on wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, make frosting by combining all ingredients in mixer and beat til smooth.
- Unroll the cake, and remove the wax paper.
- Spread frosting across it, and roll back up.
- Cover in plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour before slicing.