Well it finally happened. I tired of looking for my truant tart pan, and bought a new one. Therefore I expect to find the old one any day now. Tonight Boyfriend lent a hand and we made a lime tart together, from the recipe used for the lemon tart, just made with limes instead.
Time required: 1 hour
Yields: who knows
Total cost if you have none of the ingredients: $24
Kitchen implements I used:
- sauce pan
- glass bowl
- mesh strainer
- fluted tart pan
- 6 TBSP unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 3 TBSP water
- 1 TBSP granulated white sugar
- ⅛ TSP salt
- 1 C flour, rounded
- ½ C lime juice (5 key lemons)
- grated zest of 3 limes, wash and dry them first
- 1 C granulated white sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
1. Pre-heat oven to 210°C / 410° F. Weigh out flour and set aside.
2. In an oven-safe bowl combine: butter, veg oil, water, sugar, and salt.
3. Bake 15 min and remove from oven. Stir in flour.
4. Stir quickly until it forms a ball.
5. Transfer to tart pan and use spoon to press down. Pierce shell with fork a few times.
6. Bake shell 15 min, then cool on wire rack.
TIME TO LOWER OVEN TEMPERATURE TO 180°C / 350°F.
7. In a sauce pan combine: lime juice, zest, sugar, and butter. Heat on low.
(This was right before I got lime juice in the face.)
Heat it up:
I added a few drops of dye, because so far it was looking just like the lemon tart and I thought that’d be boring.
8. Meanwhile… whisk eggs and egg yolks.
9. Once the butter has melted on the stove, temper some of the hot liquid into the eggs, then pour the warmed egg mixture back into the sauce pan.
10. Cook on low until mixture thickens and small bubbles start to form. Stir often.
11. Pour mixture through strainer directly onto tart.
Spread with a spatula…
12. Shake tin to level it out, bake 5 min.
13. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack, and chill before serving.
Remove the pan bottom from the sides, and behold!!
Verdict: I do admire a well turned tart crust. This was delicious.
Playlist: Final Fantasy OSTs
That DOES look delicious. Will have to try this one this week.
I think this was hands down one of the best things I’ve ever eaten haha like actually delicious
I’m glad you liked it. 🙂