If you are tired of your spousal unit eating all your desserts, make something they won’t touch. Fruit! Citrus! Yogurt! TOFU!
It’s kind of weird but good. This was inspired by my Healthy Desserts cookbook. I added banana and yogurt because it was tasting rather blah without it.
Time required: 30 min
Total cost if you have none of the ingredients: $26
Cost per portion: $6.50 (almost as ridiculous as going to Booster Juice actually)
Kitchen implements I used:
- bad ass blender
- 1 package of extra-firm silken tofu, drained
- 1 lemon, use zest and juice
- 1 banana
- box of raspberries
- ¼ C honey
- 4 heaping spoonfuls of vanilla yogurt
1. Blend the shit out of the tofu. Which is harder than it sounds.
2. Zest and juice the lemon.
3. Throw everything in the blender except the raspberries and puree or whatever until it’s smooth.
4. Chill for a bit, add berries, voila!
Verdict: I liked this but I’d like it better if it came out yogurt smooth, it was a bit gritty going down. It tasted good. I doubt Boyfriend will eat it. His eyebrows almost shot off his face when he saw me pickup tofu at the grocery store (which by the way was in the deli aisle).