I tried this banana muffin recipe from Cat Can Cook because I had some seriously ripe bananas and I could not get ahold of my friend to get her muffin recipe.
Good news: the Cat Can Cook recipe also yields delicious muffins.
Even better news: I got the recipe from my friend today for next time. 😀
Time required: under 1 hour
Total cost if you have none of the ingredients: $24
Cost per muffin: $0.31 (you may notice the cost per item has dropped lately, more on that next time)
- 4 over ripe bananas
- ½ C white sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ⅓ C melted butter
- 1½ C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- splash of pure vanilla (I added this)
1. Pre-heat oven to 176°C / 350°F. Grease muffin tin.
2. Mash bananas, add sugar and egg and melted butter, beat until combined.
3. Combine all dry ingredients in seperate bowl, then add to wet, half the bowl at a time.
4. Pour into muffin tin and bake 24 minutes (original recipe says 20 but that didn’t work for my oven)
5. Let them cool at least 10 minutes before enjoying.
Verdict: These are fantastic, I’ve made them twice now. Shamefully the first batch didn’t even survive the night in a household of 2 people. They are that good. Today I only broke one. They are really easy to make, and taste great.