Original blog post: https://spatulagoddess.com/2011/09/27/pattys-peppermint-chocolate-cups/
Yields: 10 portions (triple chocolate quantities for 30 candies)
- serrated blade
- digital scale
- mini muffin liners
- 3 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 oz white chocolate
- 3 oz mint semi-sweet Chipits
- 1-2 drops peppermint extract
- Used a serrated blade to chop the semi-sweet chocolate and set it aside.
- Chop and weigh the white chocolate and place that into a separate container with the peppermint chocolate Chipits.
- Transfer semi-sweet chocolate to microwave-safe bowls. Microwave the semi-sweet for 2.5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Spoon the chocolate into the mini muffin liners. Gently shake each cup so the chocolate settles smoothly.
- Chill for 20 min.
- Melt the white chocolate and peppermint Chipits on High for 3.5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir until evenly combined.
- Stir in peppermint extract.
- Spoon melted mixture on top of chilled cups.
- Refrigerate another 30 minutes.