Faithful follower: this is for you! I have emerged from my penuche-induced coma to make a batch of blondies. Actually this is the first thing I’ve baked since Thanksgiving, and it feels quite good!
I found this recipe on the back of a package of Chipits.
A blondie is similar to a brownie, however the major ingredient difference is using brown sugar instead of cocoa. These are made with Skor bits, and apparently skor is the Swedish word for shoes. Why a chocolate bar was named after shoes is a mystery right up there with getting the caramel inside the Caramilk. These are the matters I just do not understand.
Time required: 2 hr (30 min prep, 23 min bake, 1 hr cool)
Yields: 36 pieces
Total cost if you have none of the ingredients: $31.00
Cost per piece: $0.86 (hurrah for the most fiscally responsible thing I’ve ever baked!!)
Special kitchen implements I used:
- baking pan: 9″ x 13″
- ½ C butter, softened
- 1 C brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 C flour
- 1 TSP baking powder
- ½ TSP baking soda
- ¼ TSP salt
- 200g package of Skor Chipits (butter toffee pieces)
- ¼ C semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 177°C / 350°F. Line baking pan with tinfoil and grease.
2. In a mixer beat butter, brown sugar, and eggs until combined.
So yeah, this is the first time I’ve given poor Nemo a whirl in over a month. That’s right, I am on first name terms with my KitchenAid. All things of beauty need a name!!
Back to our wet mixture: beat until smooth and combined.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, combine: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add dry mixture to wet, one third at a time. Don’t overbeat or the mixture will become too hard.
5. Add 1 cup of Skor pieces, and the chocolate chips (the recipe suggested 1C of chocolate chips but I only had enough for ¼C).
6. Smoosh batter into prepared pan.
7. Bake for 23 min, top should be golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and immediately pour the remaining Skor pieces on top.
9. Cool on wire rack for at least 1 hour. Peel off tinfoil and serve.
“What is that delicious smell?” asked Boyfriend when he came home.
We ate some, and they were pretty good. I have a weakness for butter toffee, buying Skor Chipits may have been a grave mistake. I expect there are all sorts of recipes which would benefit from adding Skor bits. Stayed tuned and find out.
Playlist: Matthew Good Band – Giant
Oh yum! I’ve been wanting to try baking blondies! This looks so good!
I’ve got all sorts of blondie recipes but I think this is the first one I’ve made. You’re welcome.
That looks sooo good!!! How are you? Well I happy you have posted something again…Enjoy the rest of your week and have a wonderful weekend…. I hear candy cane bark knockin …MMMMM…PAtty’s famous Candy Cane Bark!!! MMMMMMMMM
Did Boyfriend give you one today?
Mmmm it’s not quite bark time yet. =)
That’s a great Kitchen aid 600 you’ve got there. Good Nemo. Thank you for those delicious skor blondies
Thank you. Blue is my favourite colour. I try to give Nemo a work out at least once a week. ^^
I think boyfirend forgot about me,,,,,,
Oh dear. Don’t worry, I’ll look after you. 🙂
Nemo eh? See isn’t it better when you give a name to something you love?