Cookie! Cookie! baking hot
In the oven of my lot
With spatula in hand do I
Dare craft thy fearful deliciousness
My sister sent me a link called “love in pan”; a triple-threat of chocolate chip cookie dough, Reese’s peanut butter cups, and brownies. I am fundamentally opposed to using pre-made cookie dough but making everything from scratch would sort of the defeat the purpose of this near-instant cookie-thing, so I gave it a whirl.
Everybody in the grocery store was judging me as I filled my basket. It was awful.
1. Pre-heat oven to 176°C / 350°F.
2. Make brownie batter and set aside.
3. Slice chilled cookie dough and place into muffin tin (or if you’re like me and don’t own a muffin tin, use a cupcake tin).
4. Add the peanut butter cups upsidedown.
5. Cover with brownie batter.
6. Bake at least 18 min. (Mine were still raw at 18, baked another 5, then cooled 5 min in pan.)
Yikes. Are they supposed to look like inverted mushrooms? I pried them out of the pan and ate one.
Verdict: They were good, but eating more than one is probably hazardous to one’s health. I think you are supposed to either use a bigger pan, or less dough and batter. Boyfriend assures me they are delicious. These were gigantic.