Today was a great day. I met someone I really admire (and got her autograph!), and we have company, Boyfriend’s brother stopped in for a visit. I’m told he is a master of chocolate chip cookies, so I wanted to make something a little different. I started with the chocolate chip cookie recipe my sister taught me, and improvised.
Will these cookies blow him away? Just stay right there, and find out!
Time required: 1 hour
Yields: 2 dozen or so
Total cost if you have none of the ingredients: $42.
Cost per cookie: $1.75
Kitchen implements I used:
- KitchenAid mixer
- cookie tray
- ¾ C Golden Crisco
- 1¼ C light brown sugar, packed lightly
- 1 egg
- 2½ TBSP milk
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 1¾ C flour
- 3 TBSP cocoa
- 1 TSP salt
- ¼ TSP cinnamon
- ¾ TSP baking soda
- 1 C peanut butter Chipits
- 1 C milk chocolate Chipits
1. Pre-heat oven to 190°C / 375°F.
2. Cream the Crisco and sugar together.
3. In a glass measuring cup combine egg, milk, and vanilla. Beat into sugar.
4. Combine flour, cocoa, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Gradually add to wet.
5. Stir in peanut butter and chocolate chips.
6. Roll dough into balls, bake 10 min.
7. Cool cookies in pan for 2 min before transferring to wire rack to cool.
8. Pour some milk and enjoy.
Verdict: These were pretty awesome. Will definitely make these again.
Playlist: The Legend of Zelda – Symphony of the Goddesses
Double yum! I’m sure these blew him away. Who doesn’t love a welcome with fresh cookies.
I only bake 12 cookies at a time so I can make more later and enjoy them right out of the oven.
Looks delicious! Wish I could come for cookies!
I think you should make some. 🙂