It’s round 2 of Patty vs. Peanut Butter. Are these the cookies I’ve been waiting for? Stay tuned and find out.
I adapted this recipe from the Good Housekeeping Cookies! book, which is available on Amazon.com and Amazon.ca if you’re interested.
Time required: 1 hr
Yields: 2 dozen or so
Total cost if you have none of the ingredients: $54
Cost per cookie: $2.25
Kitchen implements I used:
- KitchenAid mixer
- cookie trays
- 2¾ C flour
- 1 TSP baking powder
- ½ TSP baking soda
- ¼ TSP salt
- 1 C butter, softened
- 1 C creamy peanut butter
- 1 C brown sugar, packed
- ½ C granulated white sugar
- 2 TBSP corn syrup
- 2 TSP vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ½ C Chipits Reese’s peanut butter chips
- ½ C Chipits milk chocolate chips
- ½ C Chipits Skor toffee chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 190°C / 375°F.
2. In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In mixer cream together butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter (it’s a lot easier to get the peanut butter out if you lightly grease the cup first). Beat until fluffy.
4. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and corn syrup. I always mix all the wet stuff together then pour into the dough because I am lazy.
5. On low speed, add the dry mixture by thirds, beat until just combined.
6. Mix in the chips, then cover and chill dough for 30 min.
This is some seriously heavy dough.
7. Roll dough into balls and bake for 12 min. Do that fork thing if you want.
8. Cool in pan 1 min, then transfer to wire rack.
9. Pour some milk and enjoy!
Verdict: Tonight we have company, a friend who is a self-proclaimed cookie connoisseur. He tasted one of these, and decided, “It’s actually pretty much perfect.”
I really enjoyed these.
Playlist: The Legend of Zelda symphony
Wow those look awesome!
They look gorgeous. I love a good peanut butter cookies. Wish Maddy could take them to school.
They were pretty tasty. Ate way too many.
Hey there! I’m at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone 4! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the fantastic work!