Sometimes you find the tastiest recipes off packages in the baking aisle. These cookies were made from the directions on a bag of Hershey’s Chipits Reese peanut butter chips.
I’m enjoying a rare Saturday off and am having a lazy day. So lazy in fact, I was careless with dropping the dough on the tray and ended up with very flat cookies. Behold, peanut butter cookies made without peanut butter!
Time required: 1 hour
Yields: about 4 dozen small cookies
Total cost if you have none of the ingredients: $30
Cost per cookie: $0.63
Kitchen implements I used:
- KitchenAid mixer
- cookie tray
- 1 C butter, softened
- 1 C golden brown sugar
- ½ C granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ TSP vanilla
- 2 C flour
- 1 TSP baking soda
- ½ TSP salt
- 300g package of Reese peanut butter chipits
1. Pre-heat oven to 190 °C / 375°F.
2. In mixer cream butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
4. In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to wet mixture.
5. Add peanut butter chips, and drop onto cookie tray.
6. Bake around 10 minutes.
7. Cool cookies on pan (on a wire rack) for 2 min, before transferring cookies directly to wire rack.
Verdict: Not bad, but not the best peanut butter cookie I’ve eaten.
Playlist: howling cat